Friday, May 21, 2010

my attempts at being crafty/stats


so i haven't really thought of anything to blog. and well i guess i've been wanting to share a craft that i recently did.
so when i was pregnant with adyson in the last month or two, i was put on bedrest (a little before that i had lost my job so i really had nothing to do) anyway, my mom decided to by me some crafts to do. i've tried my hand at decoupage a couple of times before and i kinda liked it. so my mom bought me frames and boxes to keep me busy. after i had adyson and got into the swing of being a mom, i started up my crafts again. i'm currenty working on a crown shaped plaque that my mom-in-law bought me. it took me a little bit to think of what i wanted to do with it, but i am almost finished now... pic to come later....

this is one of my favorites frames. its not the whole "ripped paper thing" but i really like it.


here is my latest project that i've finished. my mom just bought me a plain box from walmart and i really didn't know what to do with it. adyson's crayons were beginning to get everywhere so i decided to make her a crayon box. all i did is take pretty much all the scraps of paper i have ever used. you just spread some glue (i use elmers, its cheaper) and then stick it to the box. then i usually spread elmers over the entire thing when i'm done to make it shiny and somewhat seal the box. but since we are dealing with a child here and elmers is washable, i took tacky glue and spread it all over it. and here is the finished product. i really like it and thought it was a cool idea. so i wanted to share it! (if you want more pics just ask, i'll post more of the sides and stuff)
i do like to digi scrap too, but thats for another post : )
On another note.....
adyson turned 18 months old on the 10th of this month (i know i'm kinda behind.) here are her stats!
Weight: 22.8 lbs=28%
Height: 31 in= 31%
she now attends nursery and she LOVES it. the latest word she has learned to say is turtle! its so cute! oh if you look on the right hand side column of my blog theres her 18m pic.

4 Shout Outs:

Tiffany Fackrell said...

modge podge works really well for projects like this too. and you can get a gigantic bottle for really cheap. and i think it is thinner then those other glues so it might even spread a little better. you can get it in glossy finish too! maybe you already knew all of this, but if not there you go! super cute things!

Elaine said...

so cute!

laska said...

super cute! hey, I have some wooden picture frames that you can have if you want. I never figured out what I should do with them...

Carolyn said...

I have one of those boxes! It is so cute! And has candy in it. :)