Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Easton is here!!!



Easton Rodes King was born on October 18th at 9:11 AM. Weighing 8 lbs and 1 Oz and 19 3/4 inches long. about his name... Spencer knew for a while that his name should be Easton. it took me a little bit to be 100%. I had a couple other names I liked but Spencer was sold on Easton. I didn't hate it so that's what it is. It fits him perfectly (spencer was right, I just wanted to see him to make sure). His middle name had been decided for a long time (a couple kids ago, lol). Rode is short for Rodeback and the S stands for Spencer.

And now for the birth story....skip of you don't care for the birth story.... on the 17th I went in for my usual weekly appointment. they asked if I wanted to be checked and possibly have a sweep done. I hesitantly said yes. I was dialated to a 2 so he did the procedure. "oh my goodness, what have I agreed to!!!!???" was the main thing running through my mind. I don't necessarily recommend this to ladies but it obviously helped.... any who after the visit I began contracting. I was having contractions all day long but nothing serious and I went throughout my day. I kept contracting that night, they were getting uncomfortable but still nothing serious so we all just went to bed. about 2 am I woke up to really uncomfortable ones but nothing I could time and I was able to get back to bed. about 4 am I woke up and it was PAINFUL. They still weren't consistent so I tried to tough it out. Spencer got up and got ready to go, but I insisted it wasn't time yet. around 5:30 I couldn't take the pain anymore and we called my parents to come get out kids. we got to the hospital around 6 and got all checked in. I found out I was dialated to a 7. A SEVEN! I couldn't believe it. I have never been that far along and haven't had an epidural. they took my blood and sent it off to labs.... all the while I had to wait to get an epidural until the results were back. I didn't think I would last. I was in so much pain and I was begging for the guy to come and give me drugs!!! I don't know how long it took but it felt like an hour. I was going crazy. the guy finally came around 7 and I was happy as a clam after that. lol. modern medicine is awesome. anyway I labored for a little bit longer, my body did the usual vomiting to speed up labor, and the room was prepped. pushing was longer then the rest but after a little bit he was here (still weird to say he/him).

he has platinum blond hair and fair skinned. he definitely takes after spencer. his original due date was the 27th. I have mixed feelings about the procedure I had done to go into labor, but I am glad he came sooner! I was ready to be done. Our family is now complete and we are in love!
(More pictures coming soon!!)

0 Shout Outs: