Thursday, July 31, 2014

Taryn McKay King is here!

Taryn McKay King was born on July 29th, 2014 weighing 8lbs 2oz and 19 1/2 in long in Moses Lake,WA at the Samaritan Hospital. 
The story:
I woke up at about 3AM on the 29th with contractions. I timed them for about half an hour and they were about 5 minutes apart, so I woke Spencer up, called my parents and told them it was time. We dropped the girls off with my parents, and got to the hospital at about 4am. I was contracting pretty regularly, and dialated to a 4, but it wasnt too painful yet so I waited for the epidural. Spencer and I walked around the hospital for a good while to speed things up. I wanted to see how for I could go before it got too painful so I didn't get an epidural right away. I made it pretty far, until about 6:45. At that time I got a very, very painful contraction and decided it needed to get one now :). The epidural worked, but one leg was completely asleep and the other wasn't affected at all. It was so weird. at least it worked and I couldnt even tell I was contracting!! So after the epidural, my contractions slowed down and almost stopped. at about 11am they decided to give me pitocin and that sped things up a bit (i think i was at a 7). At about 11:45 ish I threw up, which was great because that sped things up even faster! Baby was coming very soon! My water broke on its own and baby girl wanted out NOW! Unfortunately no one told her Dr Truong wasn't there yet. I had to "hold" her in for what seemed like 10 minutes! The nurses were even worried they would have to deliver Taryn! He finally showed up and after about a push and a half she was here! She was our biggest baby too! Excuse my look in some of these pictures.... childbirth is not pretty!























We only spent one night in the hospital. It was great. Taryn is our first baby that was able to spend the night in the room with us! Everything went great! She is a good baby, only wakes up about once a night to eat. We all are so in love with her. Especially the girls!
 Shout out to Spencer, he was such a great help for me! I can be a pain and very short with him when in am in labor, but he remained calm and collected, Thank you so much! Love you!

0 Shout Outs: