Friday, October 17, 2008

bed rest!

so.....today we had a doctors appointment. it was ok.....so it was the same old same old, pee in a cup, and get my weight checked. so, the doctor noticed that i gained 5 pounds within a week. he asked if i was bloating really bad and as a mater of fact i have been, way bad this week too. he also asked if i was getting headaches, and i actually just got one, a real bad one, this morning. well.....all of these symptoms are signs of preclampsia (high blood pressure thing that can be really bad if not taken care of.) anyway, the doctor said that i am now on bed rest, no shopping or anything. and if by next week i get the main and bad symptom, high blood pressure, then i will have to be induced! so i could have a baby next week! kinda scary! well after that i had to have the 20 minute nonstress test. i just sit there while the babys heartbeat is being monitored. and if the baby moves or kicks during it, i have to push a botton. pretty simple. after the checkup i had to get some blood drawn. so all in all, i'm on bed rest and i could have a child by next week. honestly, i'm not that worried about this whole bed rest thing. its weird. everyone else is kinda worried (esp spencer), but i don't feel like i should be, maybe because it could cause me to be stressed out.

anyway, thats about it. i just have to take it easy and get lots of rest. so... i'm in spokane this weekend...yeah yeah i know, i should be home right now, but i needed to come to pick out a stroller/carseat and to find some other necessary things before the baby gets here, esp if shes coming next week! don't worry i'll be careful!

ps! spencer got pell grants! awesomeness! its going to help out SO much!

5 Shout Outs:

Carolyn said...

Amber King. Get home right now. Bed rest, and you are in Spokane? Missy.... I hope things are alright, and I'm sure they will be.

BABY next week....AHH! Hooray! Remember, you little girl will wear my outfit home from the hospital and I will get pictures of her. You promised!!

Ty Robbins said...

I'm glad that you're not worried. I think you'll be fine, just don't over do it. That's kind of crazy though that you could be seeing you new little one by this time next week! How exciting! I hope you're doing okay. If you need anything just let me know!

Tiffany Fackrell said...

fun fun fun! The exact same thing happened to me. I was put on bed rest at 37 weeks for having high blood pressure. it wasn't that bad, especially since my water broke exactly a week later, so Cambree was born at 38 weeks, it was all just fine! Hang in there, let everyone dote on you, hahaha!! and good luck with everything. oh and I had to take those non stress tests, they drove me nuts, cambree was so active that she just kept kicking the stupid monitors off so I would end up sitting there for like an hour.

Gwen Stoker said...

I need to have a baby so I can be on bed rest!! It sounds super fun!!! Online shopping...food...online shopping...such is life right?!?!?!

Jon and Amy Duvall said...

AH!!!!! Anytime! Good luck. Take it easy.